Full-Time Payroll Specialist for an Established CPA Firm—Seattle or Duvall Office
Please note specific instructions for submission at the end of this post.
If you like working with numbers, you have a basic knowledge of payroll and/or bookkeeping, and you want to work for a growing company that is committed to helping its employees thrive, we’d love to talk with you about the Payroll Specialist role at Akopyan & Co.
Our firm supports businesses, executives, and entrepreneurs with accounting, bookkeeping, and other services—including payroll—to help them become more profitable and achieve their goals. We are looking for individuals who are seeking more than just a job but want opportunities to grow on a close-knit team. Even if you don’t have payroll experience, don’t hesitate to apply if you are an exceptional problem-solver, reliable, and professional: We’re willing to train the right person.
Akopyan & Co. offers an energetic, positive work environment, with competitive benefits that include health/dental/vision insurance and a 401(k) plan with company match.
What you’ll do at Akopyan & Co.
Businesses of all sizes rely on us to help them manage their finances and operate more efficiently. As a Payroll Specialist, your duties during a standard week will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Preparing payroll for clients, on time and accurately
- Preparing quarterly payroll tax filings weekly, monthly, and quarterly
- Supporting additional payroll and clerical projects as needed
What you need to apply
- 1 year of general office clerical experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- A unique aptitude for figures and problem-solving
- The ability to manage and prioritize tasks and projects for multiple clients simultaneously
- Payroll experience is preferred—but we will train the right person
What you need to succeed in this role
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong professionalism and customer service skills
- High energy and a positive, team-oriented attitude
- The ability to learn quickly and meet deadlines
- Solid communication skills
What you’ll be eligible for as our new team member
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Potential bonus and commission pay
- 401(k) with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Potential for flexible scheduling, including the ability to work from home at times
Instructions for submission
Please submit a resume, references and a cover letter or a short 1-minute video telling us about how you can help us support our small-business clients. In your letter or video, please include details about your experience and describe what you find fulfilling in a job. If you do not have payroll experience, tell us why you’re the right person for us to train and develop.
To apply, please respond to this posting. No direct emails or phone calls will be accepted.